Are you a trailblazer? Would you like to join us on our mission to humanise cloud computing? We are looking for individuals to join our growing team and provide the best innovative cloud solutions meeting the ever evolving business demands.
Only committed and dedicated individuals need apply. We want to see your career and our business grow.
If you are interested to become a Peasouper, please email email@example.com with a covering email and an up-to-date CV.
PeaSoup is recruiting for a permanent Cloud Operation Engineer role in the new year.
The many and varied responsibilities required of an engineer within an exciting fast growing cloud company.
A Cloud Operation Engineer works within a small, high-end team. The role requires a deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructures, Linux server skills, Networking and key applications and services running on virtualised and non-virtualised platforms. Secondly, the Cloud Operation Engineer is a crucial part of the sales process and helps the sales team with pre-sales and demo’s.
The role’s primary focus is supporting, maintaining and the simplification of providing instances of the company’s products and services by leveraging software development and open source solutions to automate the many tasks required to enable and manage our offerings.
In addition, Cloud Operation Engineers are responsible for problem resolution, creating and improving procedures and facilitating communication.
Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation that are beneficial to the company.
Responsibilities also include providing oversight of a number of hosted VMware / Wintel and Linux systems, databases, and network troubleshooting, and providing various technical solutions to the business.
This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilise his or her solid and broad skills.
This role is critical to the success of PeaSoup Hosting and as such requires both depth and breadth in most of the technologies leveraged in a complex datacentre environment to support multi-tiered cloud platform. Furthermore a solid understanding of the components required to provide high-availability application and networking environment is required. The role requires talented people with a strong work ethic and the following qualifications:
• 2+ years’ experience in a 24×7 high-availability production environment
• 3+ years system administration in a complex datacentre environment
• Expertise in deploying virtual infrastructures using VMware and Veeam products
• In depth understanding of TCP/IP LAN/WAN networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
• Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
• Experience with database technologies such as SQL and MySQL
• A background in automating the management of a datacentre environment
• Experience with hardware or software based firewalls, load balancers and proxy servers
• Experience with intrusion detection systems and network and server security hardening
• Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
• Excellent organisational skills, and oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
• Providing rotational on call support
• A thorough background check and references will be required.
• 5 GCSEs (Grades A to C) including English and Maths or equivalent experience
• Full clean driving license
• Industry Technical Qualifications
• Industry certifications, preferably VCP, Veeam, CCNA and CCNP
• Knowledge of VMware vCloud, Zerto, Veeam
• Security compliance experience such as ITIL, PCI, ISO 27001 or SOX
For more information or to apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies